I have experienced this phenomenon every time there is mention of some new
advance or even  old advance, like pallidotomies, in the media.  People say
to me, "Did you hear about xxxx," as if to say, "Your worries are over
now!"  Clinton may have added to this problem, but I don't think he started
a new one.  Perhaps the media, in their attempt to find some good news to
report for a change, turn just news into good news.

...... Then they concluded with something like, "Isn't