Several sections at the Parkinsn Archive Treasures site have been added and beta testing is needed.

The site address is:

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/index.html

Things added:

Parkinsn's Archive Treasure page

The Algorithm for the Management of Parkinson's Disease

The Current Topics are available 24 hours a day for reading or downloading.

An online Care-Givers Manual. The download version is in the Current Topics section.

HomeBoy's Filipino/Australian Acquaintences pages are started...Disco..Any One?

NOTES ON PREVIOUS BETA TEST

Yes, we're in what is called the "Browser War".

Code written for Internet Explorer does not always display on Netscape.

If you are using Netscape, the tradmark symbol won't display and &trade shows. This displays correctly on Internet Explorer.

The moving pictures have crinkle spots in them...like an old film projector that has broken film...and the lamp is melting the film.

The cause of this is an outdated browser. Netscape 4.04 and Internet Explorer 4.01 have improved their java graphics capability.

I don't hear any sound on the pages. Again, if you have a sound card and you are not hearing songs, the browser or configuration is wrong. Sound works fine on current Netscape and Internet Explorer.

I haven't had any feedback from Mac users viewing the site yet. If you have any problems or comments, click on the underlined John Cottingham on each page.

Oh...one last thought, it is a good idea to check your browsers preferences and check the option to have the browser to check for a new version of the page everytime....I am always making adjustments and your browser might pull the old version off your harddrive rather than checking for a new version. Also, set your history to ZERO days and empty your temporary directory regularly.

If a page does not fully load, use your browser's reload or refresh button to try again.

Thanks for everyones feedback and encouragement.

I can now go back to Australia...in June...and not feel guilty for leaving my friends here in a lurch...no current topics or manual archive searches.

I feel like I have at least two or three more "narrow escapes' left in these old bones...and perhaps another romance...or two...(GRIN)

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Search the Parkinsn List Drug Database on line at:
               http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/index.html
John Cottingham