Here's the message about $ that I THOUGHT I had sent to CASLL but which
in fact I had sent only to Janice.  Sorry about the confusion, everyone.

Philippa

            -------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:45:48 -0500
From: Philippa Spoel <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Query re linked courses

I have a question for Janice and anyone else involved in the adminstration of
linked courses--who pays for them?   The problem at Laurentian is that we
don't have any existng "multidisciplinary" academic writing courses that could
be transformed into linked courses.  We moved away from the generic
introductory writing course offered by the English department several years
ago in favour of a more discipline-specific "Intro to Writing and English
Studies".  Currently, sections of this course are being cut, so I can't see
any way that the English Department, nor any other department for that matter,
would get the money to pay even for a few sections of any new linked courses.
Has anyone else had to negotiate this kind of problem?

Philippa