Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 12:34:08 -0900
From: "Daniel T. Kline" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CFP--1998 M/MLA

Please forgive the crossposting.

As chair of the M/MLA Old and Middle English Language and Literature
Section for 1998, I am accepting 1-2 page abstracts (or completed 8-10 page
papers) for the topic:  "Family, Kinship, and Society:  Affiliation and
Discord in Old and Middle English Literature."  I will review any abstract
under that description, broadly construed, but am especially interested in
essays that focus on children and childhood.  If there are a number of good
submissions, I can also request a double session.  I am also looking for
respondants to the presentations.  Feel free to contact me via email with
any questions at [log in to unmask]

Timetable:

March 23--Deadline for abstracts.
April 20--Panel submitted to the M/MLA and notification to participants.
June 22--Deadline for participants to join the M/MLA (sorry--it's not too
expensive and you get the convention program and M/MLA journal).
August 31--Deadline for completed papers to be sent to the M/MLA office for
duplication and distribution.
November 5-7--M/MLA convention at the Regal Riverfront Hotel, St. Louis.

Thanks, and I look forward your contributions.

Dan Kline

Daniel T. Kline
U. of Alaska Anchorage
Anchorage, Alaska  99508