Hi Sid and Arthur;
> At 09:59 AM 1/31/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >I suggest that you browse over to www.quackwatch.com which is
> >a medical site subtitled "Your Guide To Health Fraud, Quackery ... ." and
> >refer to the article entitled "Mercury-Amalgam Scam" updated 1/1/98.  The
> >article is most effective in exposing the fraudulent claim that the mercury
> >used as part of the amalgam in dental "silver" fillings is poisonous and
> >should be replaced.
> >

> >      Sid Roberts   68/3    [log in to unmask]    Youngstown, Ohio
> >
> To which I might add that my experience with a holistic doctor gave me
> additional confirmation of the problem of mercury removal.  While
> encouraging me to have it done, he told me that otherwise I would be cursed
> with the mercury problem as long as I live: the mercury in teeth has such a
> long half-life.  This told me that as long as I don't do anything about it,
> it is not much of a problem.
>
> Yet, when a holistic dentist tries to remove it, (s)he takes extreme
> precautions from getting it into your system.  This told me that if I have
> it removed and something goes wrong, it might become a problem.
>
> Yes, I believe that the mercury may be having some toxic effect upon me.
> It just seemed (and still does) wiser to just let it lie rather than risk
> exposing myself to it.
>
> The thought of chelation without removal of mercury from my teeth akso
> occurred to me.  No, I was told, don't do that because the chelation will
> affect the mercury in your teeth and create other problems.
>
> Finally, I felt that mainstream medicine was making such strides that
> changing horses in midstream, as it were, would isolate me from the
> progress being made.
>
> So the net of it all for me was that chelation might work; but it would
> also consume much time, take much money, and expose me to greater risk.
> The chances of success were outweighed by the both the costs of the process
> and the risks of doing harm.
>
> Others may come to a different conclusion.
>
> Art
>
> Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

I decided to have the amalgam fillings removed and did so last year.
I feel fine......not necessarily better.....I still have Parkinson's
of course.......my fillings were mostly quite old 15 - 25 years and
were replaced under my dental plan as planned work.  The ones that
weren't covered cost me an additional 1000 bucks but I personally
feel it was worth it.

If you care to browse the opposing view to quackwatch may be found at
these sites......

http://www.u-net.com/four-d/mercury.htm

http://emporium.turnpike.net/P/PHDA/mercury/asr1.htm

http://www.sukel.com/iaomt-ma.htm

I learn something every day and today I learned the best meds for PD
is one of Don's Goodies!

Lets keep this list hummin'........regards.........Murray
.