Oooops!  SMACK!! <--- Barb smacks SELF upside her head)

I can sure see it all from YOUR point of view now, Mark.   Sorry for my
misinterpretation.   Oddly, we're in somewhat similar situations, and perhaps
that's why I felt so defensive on behalf of your dad.

My 80 year old mom has severe dementia from several mini strokes, tho she
still recognizes me.  She is on the borderline of having to move from an
excellent senior's residence that has no on-site medical or related services
except for "the pill ladies" (an agency one can hire to dispense prescribed
drugs on schedule) on the premises, to an assisted care/medical facility due
to her progressive and dramatic loss of short term memory.   She's not only
struggling with the dementia but was diagnosed with Lupus only last week.

As mom's memory started to rapidly decline she clung to her apartment home of
25 years all the more, declining to even look at a senior's residence.  It
took the terrible Northridge Quake in 1994 to force mom out of her  apartment
because the building was destroyed by the temblor.  Mom had no CHOICE at that
time because we needed to get her situated immediately.  Since it was the
QUAKE that was responsible for mom's original move, I've never struggled with
guilt over THAT relocation.  However, I AM dealing with guilt NOW.

Mom's contented where she is now, and has her own furnishings - lovely
antiques - in her room.   I know she won't have that type of set up when she's
moved.  She's on her own schedule pretty much, and can come and go at will tho
she only goes off premises accompanied by family, friends, or a social worker.
 Still, that move is imminent....

I guess I'd be pressing my "luck" to expect another divine intervention on the
same scale as the Northridge Quake to get mom to move!   And truthfully, I
don't think _ I _ could  stand losing so much of my OWN home, again!

Whoever called it the "Golden Years" was WRONG!

Again... sorry for lambasting ya....

Barb Mallut