>We had a wonderful day. We skied 12
>kilometres over a demanding route in brilliant sunshine and ideal
>temperatures. ......... She now knows there is a different set of rules,
but >she doesn't have to give up skiing. Not yet anyway.
>We now ski side by side and we talk and look at the scenery, the tracks and
>the wonderful shapes of the snow-laden trees. And every so often we stop
>and hug each other.

I have been skiing almost 50 years.  One of the highlight of my life, and
one that keeps me going, is skiing.  Standing at the top of a steep, long
slope in untracked powder, on a cold, crisp, sunny morning gives me such a
feeling of peace and satisfaction that I believe that I can go forever on
the memories.  When I have spent a long night wrestling with my demons, I
can still wrap myself around those memories and the hope that I will be
there again.  Everyone has some memories like mine; those are the ones on
which to dwell when things are darkest.
                                                                        Peace, John