^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     deg. F

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998 23:13:49 +0100 Ida & Andre Kamphuis
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
><bigger>Dear listmembers,
>

>I have been silent for about 4 months following a very positive result
>of
>a pallidotomy. The reason was that the results of that pallidotomy
>turned
>out to be much less positive than they seemed to be just after the
>surgery. I had a very tough time to learn to accept that
>(SNIP)
>Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

>Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]

Dear Ida,

For many days I have been wondering if you were all right.  Every time
there is a long silence after a pallidotomy, I start praying that whoever
is silent has not been injured by the surgery.

I am so glad that you write so clearly and that you are strong enough to
share the roller-coaster ride that you are on.  I can't imagine how it
feels to start to fall and to have no reflex to cover your face.  THAT
must be unsettling.

Please keep in touch with us.  Your sharing means so much and helps all
of us.  Thank you not only for your courage, but also for taking the time
to write carefully and descriptively.  The fine details you are providing
are so helpful.

Perhaps the falling will stop, and maybe the tissue in the brain that
controls the reflex will recover.  Maybe you just need a little more time
to heal further.

My thoughts are with you.

God bless from icy Maine.

Ivan 48/10