It has been a week since we moved my father into assisted living.  I
wish that I could be upbeat, but he has actually gone downhill.  He is
far more confused than he was in the hospital and somewhat delusional.
I think anxiety and the unfamiliarity of a new routine may be a part of
it.  I'm calling the doc this A.M. to discuss meds. (He's on Sinemet
25/250, 1 tab AM and bedtime, 1/2 tabs 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm, and
Clozaril 25 mg)

He has also become extremely needy -- knowing his personality, I believe
that he has allowed himself to become a victim rather than trying to do
his best to adjust.  He reacts to the freezing and hesitation by saying
"I can't" and calls for help.  He is now claiming that he can't walk at
all because of swelling in his ankles that he has had for several weeks.

The facility may not have been the best choice, as they seem too quick
to call my sister rather than relying on their own skills.  They are
already 'suggesting' that we might want to think about intermediate
level NH, which the people who worked with my dad in the hospital had
thought was unnecessary.  I had seen in earlier posts that an assisted
living facility that handles dementia may be better suited for PD
patients.

Any suggestions?

Mark Klapper