Mark,
Having experienced placing my mother in a nursing home (non PD, but stroke
dementia/confusion).  The theory is that a new placement will take 6 weeks to
restore confusion to the level that it existed at home.   Becoming more
complacent and less independent seems to also be a symptom of the recovery,
rather than just the placement...........Give it time.......

The living facility may be required to call your sister if there are concerns,
tendency to wander........it is frustration to the family, but does eventually
settle in.  We cannot allow my mother to have a phone because she does not
have a concept of time and would call folks at unweildy hours of the morning,
for anyone except those of us with insomnia.

Even changing rooms for my mother in the nursing home will now trigger the
confusion again...she settles in faster each time, but it is still several
weeks of not being her old confident self.

Rita