     Hi all,

     Thank you, Barb, for your welcoming message.

     I am a caregiver for my mom who was diagnosed with PD almost 20
years
     ago.  I am 31, and she is 63.  Until the last three years she has
been
     able to maintain a job and stay somewhat active with increasing
doses
     of Sinemet.  However, she has been experiencing some pretty
     significant side effects (serious leg pain as the meds wear off,
     increasing delusions) and we kids realized we really needed to get
     involved.  Mom is living with me and my husband until we find her a

     retirement community we can afford, and with which she feels
     comfortable. Meanwhile, we are working with a new Neuro to find a
     better balance with meds by introducing Mirapex.  After some rocky
     times, there seems to be overall improvement in mom's health--but
not
     without some hairy moments every day or two.

     I have been on the Caregiver's list for about a month, and have
been
     lurking in some other sites to try and educate myself better on the

     many, many faces of PD.  So far, I have found people to be caring
and
     involved, and already I feel a little more educated on the subject.
     have heard that the subscribers on this list are very well versed
in
     the various PD medications and other aspects of life with PD in
     general.

     I look forward to communicating with all of you!  :-)

     Nicole Armstrong, CG for mom 63/15+