Dear Delores and others who've written about this-

I, was delighted that Clinton even mentioned PD.  While his info may have been
off or misleading, I think Clinton's intent was to send a message to the
congress and the American people that pwp and PD are definitely on the agenda
and that we're close to doing something really big if we can get the
appropriations we need and that he supports scientific inquiry into PD.  I
look at misinformation as an opportunity to clarify things and bring up PD one
more time.  We now have a wonderful opportunity to stroke Clinton for his
support (Goodness knows he feels vulnerable right now) and to perhaps gently
remind the White House and Congress that while a gene which affects a small
minority of pwp has been found, continued research needs to be done into the
causes and potential cure of Parkinson's and that it is extemely complex.
That he said the P word is a good thing.  The plight of pwp is often their
invisibility.  Let's look at this as what it was.  Someone fed him a bunch of
info.  He cued on the wrong part.  BUT HE WANTED TO MENTION PARKINSONS AND
INDICATE HIS SUPPORT.  For what it's worth. . .

If you want to write the white house to thank him for his support of continued
scientific inquiry into Parkinson's and gently clarify that this new gene only
affects a small minority of people, you may write him at:

You will receive the standard letter saying that he will not be able to answer
your letter directly, but your comments will be noted, or some such, but if
enough people do it, it will say that we're out there, we're paying attention,
and we have political power.

Sincerely,
Barb Brock