Phil,

Although I no longer play the guitar, I do play percussion instruments
and also a keyboard. With the proper settings on the keyboard I can
make it sound like a whole orchestra while just single fingering the
melody.

I also used to be a choir director but had to step down about three
years ago. I finally quite singing  about six months ago because my
voice started sounding too rough.

Although you seem to be jesting in your reference to becoming a song
writer, it actually happened in my case. I started composing music
about four years ago and have since written over 60 songs/orchestral
works, including an Easter musical. MIDI files of the musical may be
found on my web page http://umbc.edu/~warr

Bruce
56/9
Sinemet CR and Mirapex