Carole,

When my mother Joyce (68/1 year) was diagnosed, she was given Sinemet. A
few months later, Permax was added and then Paxil. Then, in an attempt to
figure out what was going on (she was still having problems), she gradually
went off everything. In November, she started on Requip and is titrating up
very, very slowly. She wasn't taking anything else until a few days ago,
when she decided to add small doses of Sinemet to the Requip. That seems to
help.

At the time I, too, questioned whether using just Requip was wise.
Apparently, in the early stages, it isn't unwise just to take Requip  -- it
can have an effect on its own.  However, it's my impression that most
people are on some combination of Requip and Sinemet. For my mother, the
combination is what's necessary. If Requip doesn't do the trick for your
mom, her doctor can always add Sinemet (or something else).

Good luck. Your mother is lucky to have her daughters. I wish I lived
cloesr to mine.

Debbie White