I like the discussion between Barb M. and Mark are having about the difficulty
in distinguishing between providing needed help and comfort vs "enabling"
exagerated helplessness.

As another example of how difficult it is I wanted to share that Harold also
can sometimes walk to the bathroom but needs help getting off the toilet and
getting back - or sometimes asks for help into the bathroom and is fine on the
way out.  I can feel his legs are cramped up like iron bars while I'm helping
him, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.  He says sometimes when I'm at work he
crawls because he can't flex his legs.  (It's not freezing - it's something
new, and more mechanical than neurological.  I think it may be the Mirapex.)

So while there certainly is the danger of overprotecting a loved one, it's a
tricky business to determine which side of the line you're on!  ;-)

Barbara cg Harold(58/20)