When my father was discharged from the hospital, the doc finally agreed
to switch his med schedule from 1 Sinemet 25/250 4x (45 mins before a
meal and bedtime) to 1 tab at 7AM, 1/2 at 10, 1, 4 and 7, and 1 at
bedtime.

I'm not confident about how precisely this schedule is being adhered to
-- they are trying, but I think that there is a margin of error of as
much as 45 minutes, and that he could be getting the 1PM dose right
after lunch.  I'm wondering if the fluctuations in dopamine levels
through the day could be making the confusion and his PD symptoms worse,
rather than better.  (He has been freezing up and I'm told that people
have noticed tremors).

He had been doing fairly well on the 4x/day schedule, and I had hoped
that smaller more frequent doses would improve things.  Would he be
better off on the original schedule?

Mark Klapper