At 10:08 PM 2/5/98 -0600, Charlie wrote:
>As far as I am aware B-12 is only helpful in Pernicious Anemia.  B-12
shots were
>given by the medical profession almost like a tonic but unless there was
>evidence of low serum B-12 it has no more efficacy than  tonic water.
(without
>the gin).

Another use of B complex vitamins is as a mosquito repellant!!  During a 6
week bicycle trip throughout Alaska in which I camped out, I received NO,
not a one, mosquito bites!!  Those puppies use to drive me nuts!!  As I
understand it, the B complex makes one very unappetizing to the mosquitos!!
 I first heard about this when I read that deep-woods loggers in Alaska
took B-complex to repel the little critters.
Doesn't work on black flies though.  The only thing that works on black
flies is either Skin-so-soft or a very large flame thrower!
                                                                        Peace, John