^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     deg. F

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:34:17 -0500 Mark Klapper <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>When my father was discharged from the hospital, the doc finally
>agreed
>to switch his med schedule from 1 Sinemet 25/250 4x (45 mins before a
>meal and bedtime) to 1 tab at 7AM, 1/2 at 10, 1, 4 and 7, and 1 at
>bedtime.
>
>I'm not confident about how precisely this schedule is being adhered
>-- they are trying, but I think that there is a margin of error of as
>much as 45 minutes, and that he could be getting the 1PM dose right
>after lunch.  I'm wondering if the fluctuations in dopamine levels
>through the day could be making the confusion and his PD symptoms
>worse,
>rather than better.  (He has been freezing up and I'm told that people
>have noticed tremors).
>
>Mark Klapper

Mark,

My schedule is 7:15, 9:30, 12:15, 3, 5:30, 8:30, 11:45, 3 AM.  It's
tailored to my mealtimes, still ensures that I have pre-meal doses (like
the 7:15, the 12 and the 5:30), and the dosage varies (a 1/4 more of a
tablet before meals). How about if your dad's schedule were changed so
that his 1pm dose became 12 noon, and his 7 PM dose became 5:3(before
lunch and supper)?

IVAN