Hey folks,
    Here is the schedule for February along with a description of how I
perceive the discussions could
be focused.  PLEASE NOTE-I am NOT, and in NO WAY claim to be an all
knowing guru on any
of the topics, but instead  I am a  interested practioner of music
therapy.  The chat will be as
informative (or as uninformative) as the amount of people who attend and
contribute.
CreativeTherapies chat can be reached at
http://www.erols.com/leopold/webdoc2.htm

Monday, February 2nd, 1998 at 8:00 pm EST (United States)
How did you get your first job in the field?
    This dicussion is for anyone, student or professional, who is
involved in the mental health field and
is interested in or practicing Creative Arts Therapies.  Let others
benefits from your experiences,
both successful and painful.

Wednesday, February 4th, 1998 at 8:00 pm EST (United States)
Verbal Processing and Creative Arts Therapy
    When to use the arts as therapy vs. when to use the arts in
therapy.  When do you find that
traditional talk creates a barrier that is eliminated by creative arts
therapies.  In what situtation does
the artform block or divert from goals and objectives.

Monday, February 9th, 1998 at 8:00 pm EST (United States)
Behavior Modification and Creative Arts Therapies
Every month, CreativeTherapies chat will highlight a school of
psychotherapy- February's highlight is
behavior modification in the different modalities of Creative Arts
Therapies.  How do the basic
principles  behavior, reinforcement, reward, and punishment manifest
within the different modalities
of creative arts therapies and from therapist to therapist.

Wednesday, February 11th, 1998 at 8:00 pm EST (United States)
Creative Arts Therapies and Stress Reduction Techniques
Do you use creative arts therapies to help relieve client stress?  Share
experiences and stories.  How
is imagery utilized within the modality?  Is there a predominant imagery
type within a specific
modality?

Monday, February1 16th, 1998 at 8:00 pm EST (United States)
CASE STUDY-How would you handle this situation?
Mail me descriptions of challenging cases you have had and we can
discuss how the case could be
handled using the different modalities.

Wednesday, February 18th, 1998 at 8:00 pm EST (United States)
Student Round Table-The Internship Experience
Professionals what advice do you have students who are currently
involved in their internship
experiences.  How do internship experiences between different modalities
differ?
Students who are awaiting to begin their internships can ask question
and discuss concerns with
students who are currently interning.

Monday, February 23th, 1998 at 8:00 pm EST (United States)
Technology and Creative Arts Therapies
Videotape, synthesizers, computers, internet, adaptive technology,
M.I.D.I. - do you use these
things as your practice?  Are you computer phobic but interested in the
possibilities that technology
could open new horizons in your work as a therapist? Are you currently
using technology in your
practice, and if so how?

Wednesday, February 25th, 1998 at 8:00 pm EST (United States)
Discussion Ideas for March
Give your input for topics that you want to see discussed on
CreativeTherapies.

--
                                        Sincerely,

                                        Daniel R. Leopold