Rita
You expressed the NH experience with confusion very well.  Mel has always been
confused with the slightest med change or environment.  I finally gave up on
vacations.  Since NH placement Nov 13th, he has gradually improved but since
his first 100 days are very soon up, he'll be moved off skill care if there is
a room.  Here we go again with a new room and room mate.
Of course he has more confused moments than rational ones but we're managing
pretty well now.  The staff know him and he knows the routines pretty well.
The flu really did him in recently and the chest muscles not doing a real good
job with the coughing.  He's a trouper tho as most parkies are.
One thing his ND has never tried is the Clozaruil (sp??).  Since the confusion
is worse since last July with the change to mirapex, I plan to ask her on our
next telephone conference.
Mary CG for Mel 76/12