My son Dan (20/1.5 + Down Syndrome) has been reducing his sinemet dosage over
the past 3 weeks as requested by his neuro. He's not sure Parkinsons is the
correct diagnosis even though many of his symptoms are classic Parkinsonism.
We were at 1 1/2 tabs, 100/25s, 4x per day and had weaned down to 1/2 tab, 4x
per day over a period of 3 weeks.

Four nights ago Dan began to see "bugs" that weren't there, wipping his arms
as if there were critters on them and abrubtly jerking and grabing his body as
if he were being stung by a "bee"! The accompaning look on his face is one of
great fear. These behaviors have been recuring off and on ever since, mostly
late at night and within a half hour after waking up in the morning. Often
these episodes end up in tears because of the fear.

The neuro is very surprised at this because normally when you reduce the
sinemet you decrease hullucinations. Dan has never hullucinated before. Doc
says to hang on for a few days to see if the situation improves and to tough
it out for now witnout adding any other drugs. Any thoughts on this matter
would be greatly appreciated.

 CG:   Dave Jones ([log in to unmask])