Ivan... I had that "slow-motion"  dyskenesia (it's called "athosis," or
something like that) prior to my 10/94 unilateral pallidotomy in the middle
of the evening for an hour or two.  I also got it whenever I went to a movie
for at LEAST the first 1/2 of the show.

After the pallidotomy, I was no longer troubled by that weaving motion,
however, it returned 'bout four or five months ago at about the same time
in the evening as I'd  previously had it.  I'd also go thru a bout of the
face-neck-shoulder flushing and sweating at about 10-ish almost every
nite - to the point where I was drenched.   I stiffened *some* tho nothing
like before the pallidotomy.  THAT was  S T I F F !!!!!

I've reached a conclusion about these two symptoms similar to yours
- end of dose or peak-of-dose.  And I've stumbled on a way to rid myself
or actually prevent the problem... AND it's simple!

A few weeks ago while sitting and reading on the sofa early in the evening,
I drank a 1/2 glass of  orange juice - putting the glass which still contained
about 2 or 3 inches of juice in it - on the table next to the sofa....  Later
in
the evening, as the discomfort and distress of the symptoms began, for
some reason I grabbed that glass of OJ and drank it on down.

Ivan, that was almost an unconscious act on my part.  I just had to do
SOMETHING to break my concentration which was riveted on the uncomfortable
flush and the profuse sweating (the weaving movement was merely annoying - the
other symptoms were very BAD!)

By the time I'd finished drinking the orange juice - a matter of moments
'cause there wasn't all that much of it left in the glass - the flush and
sweating as WELL as the movement had just about stopped!

For the next several nites, I was ready with a glass of juice - orange, apple,
or whatever I happened to have in the house - and the minute I felt the
symptoms start, I drank the waiting beverage and :::::poof:::::: ADIOS
symptoms!

THEN I began to anticipate the "symptom attacks," and started drinking a glass
of juice about 1/2 an hour BEFORE I usually started flushing and whatever.  Ya
know what?  There WAS no flushing, sweating and weaving at all if I drank
something sweet in the late-middle-evening! (about 9 to 9:30ish worked for me)

Not being a fool (NO COMMENTS, KEN!) <grin>, the NEXT thing I tried was to was
to eat some ice cream in the mid-evening, and hey - THAT worked too!!!   Ain't
kidding on this one, m'friend - I think there's SOME kinda connection between
sugar and Sinemet...!

As a matter of fact, ya might recall an long thread we had here a while back
discussing how many of us found that Sinemet appeared to work better and
faster when we took it with a sweet beverage.   That stuck in my mind and
since then I always take Sinemet with juice or 2 or 3 teaspoons of sugar in an
ice tea.  Works much better that way for me.

Soooo, Ivan... ya might just drink a glass of OJ or have a bowl of ice cream
1/2 an hour or so BEFORE ya usually get those nasty symptoms, and see if that
helps rid  ya of  'em.

Love to you...

Barb Mallut