Dear Ida,

You wrote:

> I am a little worried, because your fear about general mental
decline is of
> course a serious one and I only joked about it

Please don't feel that you need ever apologise to me for using
humour.  I've been known to make a joke myself.

> I remember that in one of your mails after your pallidotomy I saw a
> spelling error, which seemed to me so un-Dennis, that it made me
anxious.

Truth be told I have never been able to spell, but I used to
habitually use a dictionary.  What I found after my pallidotomy was
that many things that I had done habitually I no longer did.  This
manifested itself as an apparent loss of mental capacity. Eg. I kept
loosing my car in carparks until I regained the habit of noticing
landmarks before leaviing it.  I have discussed this at length with
my neurologist who feels that it was a natural reaction to a
traumatic experience (compounded in my case by having the procedure a
second time a week later )

> Life is strange and a source of continuing weird observations.

Too true!

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/