I had been up to 7 mg/day of mirapex(prescribed by Dr. Goetz -  head of the
Movement disorders program at Rush-Presbyterian in Chicago ) but it didn't help
so we switched to Requip.  I am now at 20mg/day (maximum suggested dose 24
mg/day) and I have improved. It is not uncommon at all to go above the FDA
maximum suggested doses as long as you tell the patient that you are doing it
and he/she agrees.  Wording in the package insert is slightly different.
Usually these drugs say safety and/or efficacy has not been established where
when it is an established maximum dose it will say doses above x mg are not
recommended.  If there is an established safety concern it will be noted in the
insert.

Good luck

Charlie

--