Hi Dale,
Your daycare center sounds super!  My ideal place would have both full time
and part time programs, plus a limited drop-in opportunity depending on space
available on any given day.

In day care centers for children some programs have a fairly structured
morning and a more leisurely afternoon, to accommodate both full-time kids and
those who only come for the "nursery school" part of the day.  As Harold and i
are just beginning to discuss what to do about meeting his needs when I'm at
work, my ideal center would allow us to start with a couple of mornings a week
to get used to the changes, and gradually add in more hours/days as his
Parkinsons advances.

I am not presently involved in the Minneapolis/St Paul PWP community -
nevertheless I'd be excited to help with any planning or implementation of a
PWP daycare center here if my help is needed.  I am presently a Development
manager for a bunch of software engineers but in my former career I was an
Early Childhood and Family Education teacher, and have had a lot of experience
in the daycare arena.  As I discovered when I became a manager, the needs of
people are very very similar throughout their lifespan - safety, self esteem,
autonomy, creativity, affection - and I think I could bring some good
crossover knowledge to such a project.

Barbara Baichtal cg Harold (58/20)