From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Ivan M Suzman
Sent:   Friday, February 06, 1998 11:51 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Hello List

   Dear Parkinson's Listmembers,

   I've been a lurker on the list for many months now, and it's about
time to introduce
myself.  My name is Jay, caregiver and housemate  of the now famous Ivan,
(sounds a lot better than infamous Ivan).

   I have been tempted to write before, but being parkinson illiterate, I
thought it better if I just
lurked for a while. Reading the posts from this list and conversations
with numerous neuro's my
Parkinsons knowledge has grown exponentially.  I am amazed at the wealth
of information
that comes across the screen every day, and the benefit it brings to
people with Parkinsons.
I also admire the PWP's and their loved ones, who by their tenacity are
going to be part of
the cure to this scurrilous disease.

  I plan to keep in touch with the list, that is if I can beat Ivan to
the keyboard (Parkinsons or not that's going to be hard to do).

God  Bless

Thaddeus "Jay" Forys
Portland, Maine