On Mon 09 Feb, Brian Collins wrote:

> I suggest that you talk to your neurologist along the lines of cutting
> the Sinemet dose to no more than 50 mg every 2 to 2 1/2 hours, and
> making up the difference with one of the Dopamine agonists. I use Permax
> myself, but it all depends on Bob's reaction to it. Most people find
> at least one of the agonists wich works for them. The transition from
> the current dosage to the new one would need careful management.
>
> I hope you find this useful - Does anyone have any data on 'Burnout
> through overdosing?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>

I was reminded by Doug McCorkle of something that I should have mentioned
before: I also find it best to take a single Madopar CR 25/100 just
befire I go to sleep: it is relaxing , but does not set my mind ticking
over too fast as a full dose would do (Its about half a daytime dose.)

You will note that both Doug's Mother and I are starting at a much lower
dosage of Sinemet/Madopar than Bob (although after 19 yrs, I do take a
lot of Permax as well.)

Madopar is a different trade name containing levodopa, and is available
in UK, Canada, France, and maybe other countries. I don't recommend one
as being better than the other, although Madopar's 'Dispersible' is a
very useful tablet. It can be broken down to small quantities (a full
tablet is 50  mg levodopa: 12.5 mg Benserazide  (works just like
Carbidopa), and I take them without water (It's like sucking an acid
drop.)
Age 58; Diagnosed; 19yrs. First symptoms; 25 yrs.

Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>