Dale and others--in our small town of Oxford,OH we have recently started a
similar center. It is in speca donated by the Lutheran church, and operated
by the large retirement community in a nearby town, which has 2 other
centers in the area.  They are open all day, and charge $38./day or $25.
for up to 4 hours.
As we recently passed a "senior services levy" in the county, they can
acceopt people who are eligible on a  sliding scale basis. They provide
activities, a meal at noon (catered by local hospital,which also does our
Meals on Wheels)
and facility for "resting". There is an intake interview ($25.) to
determine eligibility. Those tho are bladder/bowel incontinent or combative
are not accepted. They started only a few months ago, and are very slowly
getting word around to build up a clientel.  Unfortunately, they can't take
"drop-ins" or accept fees by the hour--so for an hour or 2 it is still $25.
A very useful resource, for those who fit the criteria.

> . The second part of the mission statement for the Alliance tried to focus in
>on the Parkinson patient and family now. To that end Lupe McCann and I felt
>that  there is a need for a day care center  for the Parkinson Caregiver.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*
 *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *