Hi

Brian Collins wrote:

>I also find it best to take a single Madopar CR 25/100 just
> befire I go to sleep: it is relaxing , but does not set my mind
ticking
> over too fast as a full dose would do (Its about half a daytime
dose)
and later:
> Madopar is a different trade name containing levodopa, and is
available
> in UK, Canada, France, and maybe other countries. I don't recommend
one
>as being better than the other,

        I use a Sinemet 25/100 in exactly the same way (ie as a means of
relaxing enough to fall asleep). Incidently, harking back to an
earlier thread, since starting this practice some months ago I have
started to dream again.
        But, to get back on track, here in Australia levodopa is available
as both Sinemet (levodopa + carbidopa) and Madopar (levodopa +
benserazide). I have at times used each of them and, with the
exception of their slow release versions, found that each worked
equally well for me.  For a period I was taking a madopar Q (50g
levodopa/12.5 benserazide) together with a sinemet CR (slow
release/200g levodopa/50g ).  Eventually the madopar Q was replaced
by 1/2 a sinemet (25/100).  I noticed no differences in their effects
on me.  Of course my observations are both subjective and anecdotal.
        As already stated the only difference I have found was in my
reaction to their slow release versions ie madopar HBS and sinemet
CR, and  I believe this resulted from the different mechanisms by
which each achieves slow release rather than from their respective
use of benserazide and carbidopa.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/