The following is from a friend who has sciatica & PD

>>1/22/98

        As a sufferer of sciatic pain and Parkinson's, I offer below a
history that others may profit from it.  About 4 years ago, in addition to
my Parkinson's symptoms, I developed sciatica.   If I walked. ran or stood
still for 10 minutes, the pain returned,  The following is a rough schedule
of treatments I went through and theri results:

        Two subdural injection treatments with procaine and steroids first
in lumbar 5, second in lumbar 6.  Pain relief for 7 days after each
treatment.

        Nine chiropractic treatments. Zero relief.

        Three courses of physical therapy.  Got stronger but no changes of
pattern.  Sciatic pain began 10 minutes after each sequence.

part 2

        I asked my anesthesiologist what this all meant.  "It means we were
all in the wrong places."  I then suggested that we try to find the
location of the injured nerve by putting a long thin needle down in the
foreman and icject a small dose of procaine.  If I walk more than ten
minutes, it meant that we found the place.

        He tried 4L and 2S.  Number 2 sciatica produced relief of pain for
at least 40 minutes after the injection.  The next step is to decide what
to do for the vertebra (No. 2).  It could mean a heavy dose of steroid to
see if we can pass the seven-day limit.  Or revisiting the surgery suite.
I'll keep you posted.

PS Feb. 8

Since writing this letter the anesthesiologist thinks he has the nerve
involved.<<<<

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Ken Aidekman