Hi everyone.

I've been reading now for several weeks while I have been trying to get a
diagnosis from my neuruologist, who has been calling my condition
parkinsonism--right hand resting tremor and rigidity/slowness of movement,
weird feeling of having to consciously move my legs to maintain a normal
gait, poor balance (no falls), problems with complex mental stuff, like
project planning at work, intermittent depression (although on 40mg Paxil).
Yesterday the neuro started me on Sinemet 50/200 to see what the response
would be; I  my first dose this morning, but so far nothing noticeable.

I guess I'm in my being scared mode today.My symptoms have been coming on
for about 3 years now, very slow progression, so neuro is  not saying
"Parkinson's Disease" but Parkinsonism. Parkinson's disease, he says,
progresses rapidly and becomes bilateral quickly. Also says that only1/200
of people with parkinsonism have true Parkinson's Disease, and that
parkinsonism can have a number of causes and is mimicked by other
neurodegenerative diseases.  So I'm confused today too.

And concerned about whether the meds will help. I've let go of what seems
to me like a lot over the last 3 years--guitar playing, my ability to smell
things, handwriting... And I know that many have let go of a lot more. But
I grieve this loss and am desperate to hang on to the many things I still
have that bring joy.

Being at work semifunctional is very isolating. I'd like to join in with
this cybergroup, get and hopefully give support. Am I in the right place,
even with a somewhat inconclusive diagnosis?

I like what Don said earlier today: about "only" having PD. What a great
perspective.

Best to all,

Rick