Hi Marling,

Welcome back! Whenever someone disappears from the list, I wonder if they
are all right, so it's nice to hear from you again.

At 01:59 am 10/02/98 -0800, you wrote:
>My mother was left handed, died at 66.  My father was left handed and died
at 83 (passed that 70 mark).  My sister was left handed and died at 55
(cancer).  My brother is left handed and I don't think he is giving up too
soon ( he is 59 now).

This left handed gene is a curious one. Actually I'm rather amazed at the
number of lefties on the list. My mother was left handed, and of nine
children, four of us are/were left handed. My mother was 79 when she died,
and my oldest brother was killed in a car accident at 59. My left handed
sister and brother at 67 and 72 respectively are still going strong. Being
the second youngest in the family, and born several years after the first
seven, I, too plan to be around for a while.

>Yes, I admit it, I must have been a changeling.  I am the only right handed
>person in the immediate family.

That must have created a few problems for you.

>grandparents (the 4th was ambidextrous), Daughter and several grandchildren
>(my son is also ambidextrous) are/were left handed.

Like my mother, I use scissors with my right hand, and can iron with either
hand, bowl and curl and even played hockey right handed, catch a ball right
handed but pitch left handed. Also, I don't twist my wrist and write upside
down, nor did my mother. Gosh, having written this ... no wonder I'm so
confused a lot of the time. :)

>I tried to teach my daughter to tie her shoes and she just could not learn
>from me.

I don't remember having problems teaching my children to tie shoelaces, but
I was asked to go to the school and teach a little girl to knit left handed.
Poor little thing was so frustrated until I showed her.

>don't forget how to laugh

If we do, we are really in trouble.

Judith Richards

Just realized I also use my mouse right handed...