Bob:  My husband (66/1) had a tremor in his right hand as far back as 1984.
 He was also taking lithium (for his bipolar disorder), and was told the
tremor was caused by lithium.  Which it may have been.  When he was nervous
-- singing in front of a group, e.g., his whole body would shake.  In 1992
his mania got out of hand and a psychopharmacologist prescribed mellaril in
addition to the lithium.  At some point after that his tremor got worse.  He
saw a dr. regularly but the dr. never suggested the tremor could be anything
but lithium.
Bob had a lot of so-called PD symptoms:  bradykinesia, shuffling steps, etc.
 He went off the mellaril in 12/96 and the only symptom that remained was the
resting tremor in his right hand.  And it's still his only symptom.  The
tremor did respond to the sinemet, but sinemet gave Bob such terrible
diarrhea he had to stop taking it.

Certainly he should have been taken off mellaril years ago.  I'm not happy
with the drs. for letting him stay on it for so long.  Since he can't
tolerate sinemet, I can't get upset that his diagnosis was late.  I don't
think there's anything he can take that will help the tremor.

Delda White ([log in to unmask])