Greg Leeman,

I read your post on the situation with the HMO's and Heath Insurance
Industry.  I haven't read all the Re:'s on this so someone may have
mentioned this, but Clinton proposed a Patient's Bill of Rights to reign in
both of those industries - and - it's the proposal of his that reportedly
has the most bipartisan support and is most likely to pass.  We have to take
some comfort, at least, in the fact that they are so bad that something will
be done about them - they are their own worst enemy.

I haven't seen any specifics on what this Bill will contain, and I don't
know if it's been written, but it sounds as if it's mis-named.  It sounds
like its picking on the doctors and hospitals, instead of the real
culprits - the HMO's and the Health  Insurance Companies.

 ( FWIW, my experience has been much better with the HMO's that are owned by
large, welI-known life insurance companies, like Aetna for instance, than
those that aren't - and I've had five different insurance plans/HMOs in the
past 7 years).

If anyone has seen the specifics on this Patient's Bill of Rights perhaps
you could recite them for us - it might also be something worth contacting
our legislators about to make sure it doesn't get watered down.