John,

Thank you for posting the information on conditions that are mis-diagnosed
as PD.  I had not seen it before and it is very helpful at this time.

I've been lurking lately--not much to say.  My Dad and I have been to a
neurologist at the Movement Disorder Clinic at Emory.  He said very
definitely that Dad does not have any form of Parkinsons.  He thought it
might be a brain lesion, so the next step was a very extensive MRI.
However, that did not show any damage that would indicate brain surgery.
We are now in the wondering stage as we wait for the follow-up appointment
with the doctor in two weeks.  None of the alternative diseases is
something to look forward to (!), but I, at least, have a strong need to
KNOW what it is so we can plan and get on with whatever treatments are
possible.  Meanwhile, I've been poking around on the Net studying up on ALS
and other neurologic problems.

While you may all feel I have no further need to stay with this list now
that PD has been ruled out, I am already reluctant to give up the
"community."  As Don says, it is one of the best forms of support.  Again,
thanks for this information.

Jane Koenig
(sort of CG for Fred, 79 and still trying to find out what's wrong)