Janet,

Interesting article on pain.  When I had the nerve problem in my left
arm my doctor was worried about a syndrome (cannot remember the name)
that causes the nerves to sense pain all the time.  It seems that if
you have chronic pain from an injury for a long time, then the nerves
begin to only sense pain.  After this begins, even good sensations
are painful.  He was worried because I complained for so long of my
arm being "on fire".  He and my RN friend looked up several
medications for nerve pain.  Then my friend found imeprine (my
spelling is off) which is an anti-depressent with the "side effect"
that it helps with nerve pain.  What a find, and it was even
compatible with my pd meds.

Enough, this is the second time I have written on pain this week.
And I am not even in pain right now---except for my leg, but that is
always and will probably be forever now.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds