Hi List,

I've received a lot of feedback from listmembers about starting out
treatment (46/2 months) with Sinemet (CR 50/200 once a day). My
neuruologist explained it as: let's see if you respond to anti-Parkinson
meds, and a trial course of Sinemet (1 month) is the quickest test route.
If you do, we'll get you off the Sinemet and onto other meds more
appropriate for your age and level of disease.

My question, in response to cautionary advice, is: will one month's worth
of Sinemet have significant negative effects? Should I go back to the neuro
asap and say Hey! Let's go another route NOW. The neuro-suggested course--a
1-month test--makes sense to me, but I am listening to advice from this
wonderful group with wide-open ears and a commitment to my own well-being.

Meanwhile, thanks for the info on finding a MDS. I have good leads in the
Seattle area.

Best,

Rick
Bellingham, WA