"You can't keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Paree" and that's the
way I feel about Sinemet. in any form.  It makes you feel so good in the
honeymoon phase that you never want to go back to feeling as lousyas I felt
pre-Sinemet.  Maybe others see it differently, or maybe they have more self
discipline than I have, but I would have found it hard to give it up at any
time after I started.  I was over prescribed in the beginning (25/100 4x/day
and have now reduced my meds to 1/2 pill (25/100 4x/day plus permax (and of
course, eldypril).  But I would not have started with it if I knew then what I
know now.  Its a quick way to a diagnosis, but the long range dangers are too
real.
.
As I read what I have wrote, I realize that I still have the mind-set that my
neurologist tells me is not quite accurate but cannot explain in any other way
than the way I explain it.  That is:  there is a finite amount of levodopa
available to each PWP.  If you take more in the beginning it can help you less
later when you need it most.  I know that Sinemet is effective for some people
longer than for others--so perhaps finite amount is not the right phrase, but
it still seems very "predetermined".

Anyone else feel that way--or is able to to explain it better?