Hi Bruce.  The planned project here in Syracuse is a concept that the hospital
has been considering for some time but may need a swift kick or a pushy person
to get it under way. The hospital is a teaching facility and could easily
assign  resident physicians to a tour of duty in the day care center. They
also have a fair amount of space under utilized (vacant) to assign to the
project.

Larry Hoffheimer reminded me that NPF has all ready started this concept
centering at the moment arround their centers of research.  He will try and
gather more info to pass on to us and those interested.

I would hope that this project would inspire others on the list to explore the
avenues in their own community to try and develope a day care center if they
preceive the need in their  for such an instillation. It never ceases to amaze
me how much can be learned if you just ask questions to try to put
underutilized assets to work.

As an example I would like to put together a drug bank much like food banks
are utilized now to help acquire and distribute drugs to those in my support
group who can not afford their medicines. Last week I attended a support group
in NYC as a visitor. One of their members had died of unrelated causes and the
spouse brought in to the meeting the deceased's medicine. They were divided up
in no time flat.
I realize this has some potental for problems but in a small local setting it
might work.

Thanks for your thoughts

Dale