Hi Bob,

You ask an important question. My problem is that the therapeutic window with
sinemet has closed-  I have extremely severe dyskinesia and some dystonia on
relatively low doses of Sinemet.  The new agonists are not supposed to produce
as much dyskinesia.  Therefore in theory if the dose of the agonist is high
enough the Sinemet dose can be minimized giving a treatment effect with less
dyskinesia.  It has seemed to help taking high doses of requip while when I
stopped the mirapex the increasing doses did not seem to be making a significant
difference.  I did not have any significant side effects with the mirapex but I
have had some significant sedation (which has now improved) with requip.

Charlie

--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
Middleton, WI