2/7/98
Dear Joan,
I am writing you to tell you how much I admire your lobbying for
increased funding for research for parkinsons.

Last summer while walking the halls of Congress, the last day with you, I
saw how you are effected when your are low and tired.

I walk in your shoes...I am beginning to realize it takes a strong person
to have a disease. Especially one who is willing to be visible. (I don't
mean to pat myself on the back.)Fact is fact!

The trama of the "Healthy" who cannot cope with those having any disease
is disappointing. I now realize, their fear of the unknown has overwelmed
them. It is not me with a problem but them.
Speaking of a problem, I am using the term as something that can be
solved or resolved.
I have the disease known as parkinson. YOur efforts and others will help
to make this change, to a cure.

We speak to each other as family. It is comforting to know the efforts
directed on our be half with the disease surrounded by this large world
wide family.
I got so excited last week when turning on the TV. I saw you speaking
before Congress! I had just returned from taking a Flower Show Judge
Test. My other life suddenly was propelled back into the top burner of my
life activities.
I knew Barbara Schirloff would e-mail the lastest facts to all of us not
always on top of things.

 I want to thank Jim Cordy for the efforts he has displayed for us as
well.
After 10 years I am starting to find the advance of my disease has begun
to increase. So I can imagine trying to give a literate talk before
strangers and find my leg shaking or arm and wishing i could override
this imp appearing at the wrong time.

L&K S