On Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:03:16 -0800, Tony Miller <[log in to unmask]>
wrote, in part:

> OBSERVATION: WHATEVER THE NEURAL PATHWAY THAT'S USED IN WALKING HAS BEEN
> CONDITIONED TO MAKE THE FEET MOVE FORWARD, RESULTING IN A SHUFFLING,
> SHORT STEP.  CIRCUMSTANCES THIS MORNING CAUSED ME TO LIFT THE FEET, AND
> VOILA!, I WAS WALKING FORWARD QUICKLY AND EASILY!  I EXAGGERATED THE
> FOOT RAISING WITH EACH STEP AND IT CONTINUED TO WORK. ...

Hi Tony -

For what it's worth, Mom (64/22) has had success with a variation on that
technique for some years now. Although it doesn't always produce a normal
stride for her, it usually improves her mobility at least a little bit.
Her specific strategy is to imagine a series of objects on the floor in
front of her (books or magazines, for example) over which she must step.
This necessitates the exaggerated foot raising you talk about (although it
looks pretty much like a normal step to an observer).

- Doug