my dear cyber-dad don

you wrote:
>well, i need lot of help from the list

you are more than entitled to ask for help
and not just because you give so much yourself

>and i got blue blazes from vivian
>because i called myself dumb

i wonder where the expression 'blue blazes' comes from?
the most common use i've heard is, e.g.
'what in blue blazes is going on here?'

but anyway, back to the point,
three cheers for vivian for reprimanding you!

i have been told by a respected authority that
we ARE NOT dumb - we just DO dumb things sometimes

the action may deserve the criticism
but NEVER the person
no matter what

no one of us is dumb or stupid all the time
no one of us is intelligent or brainy all the time
but we are all human beings
prone to human failings and human brilliance
naturally

>i finally think how vivian knows when i am up or down.

she's had lots of time to practice getting it right!

>she wants to play at least one game of cribbage
>and will say it is ok to go on the list
>and i don't how to spell the word
>you know the doc that puts you on a couch?

psychiatrist?

>she says i've got a sharp mind.

i say that she is understating the case here
i think you have one of the sharpest minds
i've ever had the pleasure of encountering

>now you list people will say
>you've got to have a mind first, eh

that's just some cyber-familial teasing
to make sure your head doesn't get too big!

>well, the help i need is in re:
>a couple of months ago we had a message from someone in his 20's
>his name was john and he was having trouble with his girl friend
>and wanted to give up.
>well, i emailed him a lot, but what we said is our business.

i believe that you are referring to john quist, from sweden,
your discretion is admirable

>well, yesterday, i got a very nice post card from him from jerusalem.
>what was said i won't go into

>i did not have his name or email address.
>my e-mail nicknames list almost takes up another drive now

that's probably due to the vast number of fans you have

>i hope some body remembers him before he comes home
>he is so happy now. we must not let anything happen to that young boy
>so i hope some body can help.

you are sweet to be so concerned about him
i'm glad to hear that john sounded happy
about his trip to israel to be with his girlfriend

his e-mail address is:

john quist <[log in to unmask]>

>and janet paterson will you resend/snail/email list
>on all the ways to tell family friends all about pd.
>i only made two copies and gave them to rest homes
>and one to a support group.

i will be happy to re-e-mail/post it in a separate message
keep your eyes peeled!

>i am going to get one of those 5&1 scanners.
>i hope you all know what i mean.
>copier, oh heck i can't remember now.

i know exactly what you mean;
the 'wonders' of modern technology
sometimes get so complicated that my mind 'wanders' too

>see y'all now you hear.

yee-haw!
i was not aware that ohio grew cowpokes!

with much love to you and vivian and the grrls

sis

janet paterson
50-9 / sinemet-selegiline-prozac
almonte-ontario-canada / [log in to unmask]