First, THANK YOU (!) to everyone who has responded to my earlier questions re:
my mother's beginning use of Requip... the caring responses "got us through"
some rough days. (I long to write individuals one by one, but fear the pace is
getting faster here and with even less "space".... please know, though, how I
have cherished your various expressions of advice and support.)

And the rough days continue. I've just returned from a week of solitary
caregiving (my sister and I usually share the care for our mom, I being the
"alternate" for several hours MWF, while my sister lives-in with Mom and does
the much greater portion of heart-breaking and lonely care, her husband
traveling to be with her on weekends: no, it's not an easy picture for her, at
ALL! ) I took my family (2 small children, homeschooling, and husband-- ) to
Mom's home to give my sister a MUCH needed week break, so that she could join
her husband at home for his 50th birthday. (She ended up having the flu for
the entire "break"... ah, what more?)

The change was stressful for Mom, as was, I'm sure, the presence of a "family"
vs. one calm and gentle caregiver!  Most nights, I was up all night-- Mom had
no idea who I was much of the time; hallucinations-- mostly of family members
from her childhood; very, very stiff muscles and inability to walk, therefore
leading to my totally lifting her for transfer to bedside commode (often)  or
wheelchair; more difficulty chewing and some slurred speech... so much
confusion and anxiety...  all in all, the disease seemed to have the upper
hand more than ever.

She was taken "off" of Requip a couple of weeks ago, and the neurologist began
a round of Sinemet 3x/day... quitting the Requip at that time.  (I thought I'd
read of some folks combining the two and questioned whether to remove the
Requip... but what do I know???  For now, Mom is "just" taking the Sinemet.
No noticeable difference, though we have now heeded the advice of you good
folks to take the Sinemet 30-45 minutes before meals (had not been doing that
for the first week!)   We have an appointment with Mom's neurologist  on
Friday; I treasure your questions.... help me think, please.  My brain and
heart are grieving right now, and I fear I am losing any objectivity in the
whole thing.  We are tired.....my sister so much more than I, and I am nearly
"blank" .   Thanks again for any encouragement and for your continued thoughts
on this battle.

Carole (and Ann), caregivers for Leah 75/3 months