Dear List-family....

I've been meaning to post 'bout our collective and respective use of "online
acronyms," such as "LOL, IMHO, GD&R" etc. which are generally used by those
who're "Net-savvy." Also there's an increased use of  abbreviations that have
evolved on and are used exclusively here on the List amongst our PD community,
i.e., PWP, Parkie, N, etc.

I've used my fair share of both acronyms and abbreviations, but always try to
keep the first-time online user  in mind, from the very newest newbie to the
world of Cyberspace AND to the world of Parkinson's in mind when I write and
post.

I have a vision of some poor soul hesitantly tapping away at the keys of a
little-used computer with a tremor-y hand, thinking 'I can't REALLY have
Parkinson's Disease," and seeing their puzzlement when they start receiving
List-mail that says something like "The N as usual didn't know the dosage I
need to titerate to <g>" and wondering upon what planet they'd landed!

"N"  "<g>" ????  <LOL> <--- see? I've fallen into the trap myself!" <giggle>

Sooooo...... that said, dear family and friends, just a reminder that when you
'n I are posting away here on the List, DO keep in mind that there are SOME
folks reading our messages who are not gonna understand a whole heckuva lot of
what we say if we include too much "PD-List-speak," and/or "online-speak," in
our message.  'Kay?

Barb Mallut