To Tami, Joan and others who have responded to my post. Thank you all
very much. A brief review of my situation, I have a left side tremor
mostly in my hand and arm. It is now getting close to two and one-half
years. I have no other typical PD symptoms that I can determine,
although a neuro says he can feel ratcheting effect in my arm when he
moves  it in an upward manner. But neither myself or my wife can see or
feel that effect. I do not sleep well but I have had that problem for 25
years to a minor degree. So I do not match up with PD symptoms, and I do
match up more closely with essential tremor symptoms, but not 100%. So I
think I MAY have ET. I am not sure that would be good news or bad news.
I am doing a lot of research on ET. I am also in the process of findin a
movement disorder neuro to go to. I know that is the thing I should do.
My tremor is present when my arm is at rest, but is also present when
holding the telephone up to my ear, also when holding up the newspaper
to read. My mother had a tremor for years but it was never bad enough to
even ask for medical attention. She lived to be 94 yrs old. The
university of Kansas web site says that there are 1 million people with
PD and 10 million with ET. So to me that means that a person with a
tremor as the only symptom , has a ten times out of eleven chance that
they have ET. So the odds are much greater for it being ET. So it will
be interesting to see what the MD doc says. I will let you know when I
find out.

Lanier Maddux        Chattanooga Tn.