<< here is a poem I like to share with you. I hope somebody can send it to
 Muhammed Ali, so he can give his reaction on it.

The mention of Ali ,especially at this time of the olympics, brought to mind
an article
I read during the last olympics.

     The following appeared in the San Francisco Chronicle:
      "News Wire
      FRAZIER SAYS HE SHOULD'VE CARRIED TORCH
      It's hard for joe Frazier to let go of an old grudge.
      The former heavyweight champion said yesterday that Muhammed Ali should
 never have been picked to light the olympic flame at the opening ceremony,
calling
his old nemesis a draft dodger who was bad for boxing.
     "All of what he said was against America", Frazier said. "There are a lot
of guys
out there who have done more for the sports world.  They could have gotten
someone else who would have been able to make it to the torch and light it."
     Frazier, himself a 1964 Olympic gold metalist, said he should have been
asked
to light the torch instead of Ali, who lit a flame that traveled up a guy wire
into the
cauldren.  Ali's arm trembled uncontrollably as he lit the torch in a poignant
moment that highlighted the opening ceremony.
     "I'm not sure why not," he said.  "I'm a good American.  I don't have
anything
against my white brothers.  A great champion must walk like one.  I  would
have
gone all the way up there to light that thing."
     Frazier  made the comments at the olympic boxing arena, where he came to
watch Terrance Cauthten, who trains in Philadelphia gym.
     Frazier and Ali were bitter rivals in the 1970s, when Frazier handed Ali
his first
loss, but then dropped two fights to Ali."

      Well, I had to get my 2 cents in;   the following appeared in the
editorials the
following day:

     "ALI STILL THE GREATEST
     Editor- So Joe Frazier thinks he should have carried the torch because
Muhammed
Ali "does not walk like a great champion"
     Well, maybe in Mr. Frazier's world of boxing, there may be someone who
thinks
that Frazier was the best;  I don't know.
     In the much more important championship in which we are all competing,
that of
worth, dignity and courage, Muhammed Ali's trembling hand is raised high as a
real
champion.
     Joe Frazier isn't even a contender.
                                                              Shel Franklin"