Bob,

My mother Joyce (68) was diagnosed 1 year ago. About 7 years ago she was
diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue. Then, about 3 years ago she ended up in the
hospital with unexplained severe shoulder pain. After 1 week in the
hospital, there was no diagnosis. Then, about 2 years ago, she fell while
going done the stairs and broke her ankle. It was when her injury didn't
heal properly (her left toes dragged while walking) that she sought a
neuro's help. In the meantime, she had been having problems with her left
hand -- it was stiff and not capable of grabbing and holding onto heavy
objects. She continued returning to the neuro for her foot and mentioned to
him her problem with her hand. After lots of tests, PD was diagnosed. By
the way, the foot eventually healed and the toes work fine now.

I don't know whether the Chronic Fatigue several years ago was the start of
all this or not. I think my mother did seek help during the times when
things got bad enough that she couldn't get on easily without help. But it
wasn't until last year that all the pieces of the puzzle came together.

Stay well.

Debbie White