Hi Barb,
Maybe it is time to start a club for those of us who find it relieves some
of the pressure by putting either a hole of  two in our squash.  Maybe we
could call it "the Partial Labotomy Club" or the "Future Donors of Bowling
Ball  Club" or possibly "At Least We've Been Fitted For Halo's Club".
That's the only way I'll ever get one.
Greg, let us know if your golf game improves post-pallidotomy.  I was able
to play basketball for the first time in five years last Sunday in a local
tournament for charity.  I'm afraid the younger players got the best of me.
Although we played in 5 games and made it to the semi-finals, I ended up
with a strained arch, a pullled hammie and a hip pointer.  But it was nice
to get those competitive juices flowing again.
Maybe,  we'll see you on the tour.  I would like to add one comment to those
people who are afraid to lesion an area of the brain: We as PWP already have
a great deal of cell death.  It seems to me that if there is to be a cure
they will have to in some way reverse that development.  Looking at some of
the longer term Pallidotomized, like Barb M., while at admit she may not be
on dead center(just kiddding Barb) she is one of the more thoughtful and
knowledgable people on the list.  I'll certainly take my chances knowing the
quality of life improvement I have realized.  This is not to persuade any
person toward surgery.  I am just stating my reasoning behind my decision.
I am proud to be a member of the list!
Regards,
Greg  Leeman 37/6