Jim you are in the right place, I too am a son of a PWP, my dad, who is 80. I
try to contribute what I can to the list, and not annoy too many folks while
doing it.
I have gotten a lot of help here for my dad and mom, his caregiver. There is a
separate list for caregivers to talk about things of common concern.  Ask
Camilla Flintermann about how to sign up for that. I do not participate, as I
barely have time to participate on this list, but I am sure you'll be glad if
you sign up. I am no doctor, but I would hope your mom could avoid surgery and
get the foot problem fixed in some other way,  if possible. You'll probably
get a lot of feedback on the subject. Welcome to the list. [log in to unmask]